Does broccoli have iron
- Does broccoli have iron, and can it help to fight diseases affected from the iron?
• indoles, effectively inactivate estrogens.
• sulforafan compound, encourages animal and human cells to produce enzymes destroy cancer cells.Cook vegetables to increase your intake of iron
• According to research presented at the meeting of the American Chemical Society increases cooking vegetables - and even some types of fruit - the amount of iron that can take advantage of them.
• Although the amount of iron in vegetables cooking does not change its absorption, so easy. For example. boiling the cabbage will increase absorption of iron from 5% to 15%, with broccoli from 6% to 30%.
• For some kinds of vegetables, the change was dramatic, for others, such as in spinach, this was a matter, whether you eat cooked or raw.
• Dr. Lee of Rutgers University, who prepared the study, tested 48 kinds of vegetables in 37 of them to have a higher absorption of iron, and after about fifteen min. cooking.
Other information about the broccoli:
• Chemical I3C, can "fix" the DNA in cells.
One head of broccoli contains half the recommended daily dose of β-carotene, more than twice the recommended dose of vitamin C, large number of potassium, calcium, folic acid, selenium, and fiberPrevention of cancer.
(indoles and sulforafan, β-carotene, vitamin C, selenium)
• Strengthening the immune system to fight infections (vitamin C)
• Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- Cerebrovascular accident (selenium)
- Increased blood pressure (potassium)
• peptic ulcers
• Helicobacter pylori Infection
• Tests on mice suggest a huge broccoli preventive role against stomach cancer - the second most common cancer in the world.
• The next step is now to find out whether people can cure the infection with this bacteria and the consumption of broccoli sprouts, announced a team of researchers from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore and the French National Scientific and Research Centre.
• Broccoli sprouts in cancer prevention
Recent estimates suggest that a diet based on plant foods can prevent 20-50% of all cancer cases.
• Recommendation of the American Cancer Society reported that most of our food should be of plant origin and that we should reduce our consumption of fatty foods, especially of animal origin.
• For prevention of cancer is recommended, particularly cruciform vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, cabbage, etc..) - Due to the high content of phytochemicals such as carotenoids, indoles, glucosinolates and isothiocyanates.
• It turned out that broccoli sprouts show in this regard (cancer prevention), even 10 100 times higher activity than broccoli itself.
Reviews Nutr 1998; 56:127-30
• The relationship of consumption of vegetables, fruits and cereals for colon polyps
The study, which included 976 residents of Southern California, found that frequent consumption of fruits, vegetables and cereals was associated with a reduced risk of (pre-cancerous) polyps in the colon and rectum.
It turned out that vegetables protect against polyps with a high content of carotenoids, Cross vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts ...), fruits high in vitamin C, garlic and tofu.
These foods contain antioxidants, indoles, sulfides, and phytoestrogens, which are all substances that have been associated with protection against cancer.
Am J epidemiological 1996; 44:1015-25Spinach, broccoli against colon cancer
The results of new studies show that eating spinach, broccoli and carrots, orange juice helps reduce the risk of colon cancer.
These foods contain large amounts of lutein, an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals (which contribute to cancer). Those who had the highest intake of lutein, had 17% lower risk of colon cancer than those who receive it least.
Dr. Slattery, the study, said that its results "reinforce the hypothesis that plant foods, and perhaps especially some of them are beneficial in reducing the risk of colon cancer."
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2000; 71:575-582Consumption of fruits and vegetables against stroke
The lowest risk was found for those women and men who ate the most certain kinds of vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits and fruit and vegetables rich in vitamin C. The Journal of the American Medical Assosication 1999 , 282:1233-1239The best sources of folic acid:
Lentils, oatmeal, corn flakes, spinach, brussels sprouts, pellets ¬ lice, cauliflower, asparagus, avocado, black beans, white beans, sunflower seeds, orange juice, yeast tebi.
The top ten are the antioxidants in vegetables: garlic, kale, spinach, broccoli, beets, peppers, onions and corn. Remember that each of these foods has a different phytochemicals.
Do not think that only ten of these are good. Keep in mind, and all other foods. You've seen that does not contain all the carrots and lettuce, in the world there are many different cuisines with different tastes and foods that belong there.
Broccoli is grown more easily than cauliflower. It has succeeded, at higher altitudes with moister air.
Sowing is usually in June, July repotting little plants at a distance of 50-60 cm apart. Harvest starting in September. Rose gradually cut off, which, until the first frosts grow.
Broccoli has 3.5 times more vitamin C than citrus fruit, contains a lot of carotene, vitamin E and many B vitamins Broccoli is very interesting for their high vitamin K content of 100 g of broccoli, it is 360 micrograms.
Vitamin K is fat-soluble, protein synthesis is used to prevent bleeding. The mineral is represented by the most potassium, calcium and phosphorus.
It is suitable for diabetics and restricted diet. He is healing in cancer, bowel inflammation and stomach ulcers.