Natural cold remedies
• With the use of this natural cold remedies we are dealing with the cause of the problem.
• Colds are caused by viruses which are always present in the nose and throat of most of the population.
• At times, these viruses increase in number or activity and thereby increase their likelihood of infecting a susceptible person.
• There is: coldness, coughing, fever, sore throat, headache, and muscle and bone pain.
• Additionally, the condition of the body makes one more easily infected at certain times than others. Cold viruses are of such a nature that they do not strongly stimulate the immune mechanism of the body.
• Colds do not produce a high fever or a large quantity of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood. These are the defense mechanisms of the body and will help rid the body of invading organisms if a vigorous stimulus arouses them to action.
• A change in the weather, for example, can contribute to a cold. Holidays with rich foods and late nights usually mean more colds.
• Cold symptoms typically include:
Common cold treatment
• The treatment of a cold should begin within 15 minutes of the very first symptom.
1. Decrease all food intake, and use no sugar or oil. It is better not to have a complete food fast, but you should use no complex dishes like casseroles and complicated salads.
- Keep both the menus and the individual dishes ultra-simple. It is better to eat sparingly of one or two dishes with whole wheat bread, than to have a more complex dietary.
Still body needs calories to help fight germs, and energy for healing;- Reduce intake of sweets (sugar, honey and sweet fruits-banana)-This is crucial in the natural cold remedies! ;
2.Take fruits rich with vitamin C like kiwi, lemon, orange...
3. Moderate exercise – walking
4. Hot Foot Bath/Contrast Shower;
6. Heating compress (throat & chest);
7. Ice to bridge of nose or sinus bowl treatment for nasal stuffiness;
8. Gargle/irrigation- salt water (1 tsp. Salt per 2 cups (pint) hot water);
9. Drink water—8-12 glasses daily (or more, but with common sense. More here...);
10. Take Garlic and/or charcoal for sore throat – May need fresh garlic/lemon gargle;
11. Echinacea (herb) 2 capsules, 3-4 times a day, or liquid dropper full 4 times a day;
12. Fresh air, inside and out—proper clothing to avoid chilling when outdoors;
14. Deep breathing;
15.Inhalation: potato skins, Eucalyptus oil, Chamomile tea and Teat tree;
16.Use of drops like natural cold remedies: Juice from the leaves of aloe.
Natural cold remedies Tips
• Eat meals on a regular schedule.
• Orange juice has been shown to decrease the phagocytic activity of white blood cells.
• Antibiotics do not touch the viruses of colds, and should not be used. Nose drops tend to cause rebound congestion, and, in the long run, produce more discomfort than they relieve.
• Aspirin irritates the stomach, and causes viruses to be shed more abundantly in the nasal secretion and mouth droplets, making the patient more infectious to those around him.
• Cough medicines tend to upset the gastrointestinal tract, or to cause retention of secretions, similarly doing more harm than good.
• When the illness is spread to further areas or some chronic infections are getting worse(ears, bronchus...)visit your doctor.
References: Agata Thrash M.D.; Tamar Nordenberg, FDA Consumer/October 1996 p.15
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.