enlarged thyroid gland
Is there some natural remedies for eliminating goiter?
• Answer: It is suggested to Follow the basic program for thyroid and then, after the 2-4 weeks, do one or more of the following four neck applications:
(1) Put an Epsom salt compress on the neck every night, and leave it on all night for 10 nights.
(2) Use a compress of white oak bark tea over the goiter for better results.
(3) Put two hot fomentations around the neck, for 4 minutes each and one cold compress for 4 minutes. Continue alternating this for an hour. Then spend 5-10 minutes doing exercises with the neck in various positions.
(4) Put a poultice of ground-up almonds completely around the neck and leave it on all night, for 3-10 nights. This is especially good for harder, more fibrous, goiters.
Nitrates are goitrogenic; that is, they stimulate goiter formation. Nitrates can be found in hot dogs, sausages, luncheon meats, and variously prepared meat products.
Nitrates are also found in well water, from fertilizer runoff.
Interestingly enough, many people with Parkinson's disease tend to have hypothyroidism.
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Natural Remedies Questions.