Experiences with natural treatments for asthma
Is there some experiences with natural treatments and natural remedies for curing, or at least controlling asthma?
• Answer: Yes. Here is one of them.
• A group of patients in Sweden were placed on a vegan diet (no milk, eggs, or animal products) for a period of one year.
• The average patient in the study had suffered from asthma for nearly 12 years, and for about half of these patients allergy tests had not been helpful.
• The study group represented a group of patients with quite advanced disease. The diet had no coffee, tea, chocolate, sugar and salt.
• Cereals were very limited but buckwheat, millet and lentils were accepted. Citrus fruits and apples were not permitted.
• Patients were encouraged to drink water or herbal teas up to 1 ½ liters every 24 hours. The patients were to spend some time every day in physical activity out-of-doors.
• Over 70 percent of the patients reported improvement or disappearance of symptoms after four months on the program, while after one year 92 percent were improved or well.
• The group as a whole reported a decrease in the number of asthmatic attacks, and less severe symptoms in the attacks that did occur.
• Changing the diet to induce a change in bowel micro-flora may be effective in reducing asthma symptoms!
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Natural Remedies Questions.