Proof positive: How to Reliably Combat Disease and Achieve Optimal Health Through Nutrition and Lifestyle
Proof positive- Reviews from customers:
There are over 500 pages; it is a reference book, and contains an abundance of sources (medical journals and studies, etc.) cited. I was surprised at the numerous charts and diagrams, all in color, which almost gives it a middle school textbook look. Explanations are easy to read and thorough, and the Index is very complete.
• The book is arranged in such a way that each chapter could be a book. For example there are chapters on Heart Disease, Cancer, Diabetes, Protein, Fish, Milk etc. and each macro subject is thoroughly covered with the micro details discovered from the research of thousands.
I have several books on the subject of health and nutrition and invariably Proof Positive is the one I find most helpful when I have a question.
It is helpful for the shopper to understand that Dr. Nedley promotes a complete vegetarian diet and lifestyle, not because of PETA, but because the data clearly indicates a vegetarian diet supports optimal health.
• This is absolutely one of the best books on health I've ever read. It is clear, concise, and easy to follow. There are many color charts and illustrations inside, which make the book engaging and easy to understand. Though it may seem pricey, it's the size of a textbook and packed with useful information. I do wish they had included an index with the book, but evidently they want you to buy the CD-ROM version for that. In spite of this drawback, I found the book very helpful and would recommend it to anyone serious about their health.
• This book is full of up-to-date medical information from reputable medical studies on the most important health issues of our times. If you are interested in living as healthfully as you can, this book would be an invaluable resource. (Our teenagers love it, too!)
• I haven't found a more sensible compilation of medical studies or practical advise on how to prevent chronic and deadly diseases, or how to reverse many of the diseases the Western world is suffering from, like heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, and osteoporosis. This book contains lots of graphics to help us understand what medical researchers are saying without requiring a medical degree to comprehend them.
• This is a book every medical student (and every MD of course) should have. I am a medical student and this is one of the books I have been learning the stuff that we as doctors should know but they don't teach us at school.
• What first attracted me to the book was its very user friendly and colorful layout. But when I started reading it I just could not put it down. It has changed my life. It is full of such common sense health information.
• ...This book is bound to become a classic in a short time. If you are interested in health education be sure to get the available CD. Thanks doc!
• ... I am so excited, as I have read this new book, to find current scientific documentation coupled with easy to understand explanations of how the body works. I am thrilled with the illustrations and the application of them to everyday life. What a powerful tool in the hands of health educators and the public alike to change the health of our nation!!
• I have looked at some of the reviews, submitted by other customers, and it is a mixed bag. Each individual is of course entitled to his or her own opinion, and to present the same.
What we have here is a commonsense approach to our health...
As we have been told time and time again prevention is the best way to combat disease. Yet this common sense approach is not taught in our nation's Medical Schools. Why? Could it be there would be little or no need for doctors, or specialist? Could it be there would be no need for the snake oils peddled by the industries responsible for creation of these formulas? Maybe there is a keep this quiet, because if the truth gets out, a great number of prescription drugs will become useless, which they are already...
Radiation, chemo-therapy are the big buzz words in cancer treatment these days. Even more so medical journals tell us these therapies may kill us before they kill the cancer. Even so there is no common sense approach to medical care. Researchers are only looking for the approach that will enrich, not cure. Not only cancer, but diabetes, heart disease, etc.
Fresh air, daily exercise, sleep, at the proper time, clean water, proper amounts of sunshine, and a good relationship, with people, (hold no grudges)and what ever, or how ever you worship, live up to it. This is the book in a nut shell.
But one has to remember we do not need animals in our diet, the consumption of flesh foods, destroys, more than helps, and animals get the same diseases as mankind. Then look at the hundreds of millions of animals slaughtered each day, and understand no one gives these animals a physical before feeding them to mankind.
Table of content:
About the Autor Neil Nedley, M.D.
Neil Nedley is a full-time practicing physician in Internal Medicine with emphasis in Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Critical Care, and Preventive Medicine. Undergraduate studies at Andrews University in Michigan, majoring in Biochemistry. He graduated from medical school in 1986 with a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree from Loma Linda University in California, ranking in the top 10 percent of his class.
He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Kettering Medical Center and Wright State University in Ohio in 1989, and in the same year he became certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
He is a member of the American Medical Association, American College of Physicians, and Alpha-Omega-Alpha Honor Medical Society, as well as a number of other health and medical associations. He is highly skilled in numerous cardiology, gastroenterology, and critical care procedures.
Dr. Nedley has lectured extensively in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Russia on nutrition, lifestyle, and health. He has held numerous nutrition seminars, cooking schools (with his wife, Erica), stress seminars, and stop smoking programs. He has produced a series of health educational videos on the topics in this book, some of which have run on national satellite television. He lives with his wife and three boys on a 90-acre ranch in Oklahoma and enjoys reading, running, tennis, gardening, classical music, and riding his tractor.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.