Vegan diet and cardiovascular system
- Is there benefit of using vegan diet for the cardiovascular system?
• Answer: Benefits upon the cardiovascular system from the vegan diet are:
- Zero cholesterol;
- Lower in total fat, and saturated fat which can increase cholesterol ;
- High in phytosterols that block cholesterol absorption;
- High in potassium (protects from high blood pressure & onset of kidneys disease);
- High in arginine, an amino acid that makes nitric oxide.
In moderation, nitric oxide helps the blood vessels to open up.
- High in soluble fiber which helps
1. lowers high cholesterol
2. stabilizes blood sugar
3. Provide ample antioxidants
4. Promotes weight control.
-Poorly planned vegetarian diets typically lack iron, zinc, calcium vitamin B12 and vitamin D.
DASH diet for hypertension...
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Natural Remedies Questions.