Senna Tea for Constipation -Should Not Be Used For Longer Than Two To Four Weeks Without Medical Supervision!
• We can use tea for constipation in urgent cases and on occasions. The most efficient is senna tea. Mild herb senna tea we can prepare like this: use ½ teaspoon of tea leaves to 1 cup of boiling water and set aside to steep for 10-15 minutes.
• It is better to prepare without boiling nor steaming, but only wet extraction of the leaves at room temperature (very important).
• His frequent use may cause a laxative habit, which means that without its use, there is not transport of the stool.In other words using herbal tea remedies can't be the pillar of having good bowel health!
1.Senna alexandrina is constipation tea used in modern medicine as a laxative acting on the lower bowel; it is especially useful in alleviating constipation. It increases the peristaltic movements of the colon by irritating the colonic mucosa.
Senna leaf is approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) for short-term use in occasional constipation.
2. Senna and other stimulant laxatives should not be used for longer than two to four weeks without medical supervision. Using it longer than recommended can result in lazy bowel syndrome and permanent damage to the intestinal lining!
Because of its potential effect on potassium levels, senna should not be combined with antiarrhythmic drugs, thiazide diuretics, corticoadrenal steroids, or licorice root without the supervision of a doctor.
3. Unless otherwise indicated by a doctor, senna should not be used by anyone with an intestinal obstruction, stomach inflammation, or intestinal inflammatory diseases such as Crohn's disease, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, or appendicitis. Also should be avoided by those with undiagnosed abdominal pain.
Should not be used by children younger than age 12 and by pregnant or breast-feeding women. It may significantly reduce drug absorption and lessen the efficiency of any over-the-counter or prescription medication. Children and seniors, who may be more susceptible to senna's effects, should start with smaller dosages of the herb.
4. To prevent or treat constipation, most doctors recommend making dietary changes with fiber rich diet, water drinking, exercising, some hydrotherapy and massage and for all of this you can read in this main article about constipation-here.
Using some tea for constipation, without changing to healthy lifestyle is only torment of the soul.
5. Tannins, found in tea, can cause constipation. Caffeine is a diuretic and dehydrates you, and may also cause constipation.
Black tea and coffee can produce constipation. - British Medical Journal 282(6267)864, March 14, 1981.
For Diverticulitis and diverticulosis Loma Linda University recommend do not drink too much coffee, tea, or alcohol because they can make constipation worse.
6. With herbal remedies for constipation is also Licorice tea which is useful, in a time of urgent need, since it also helps to stimulate digestion, but can’t be used by people with hypertension,while are using senna tea nor by the people with sensitive bowels!
You can buy senna tea from Amazon.com on to this link.
More about constipation in the links below!
Internal links in "natural-remedies-healthy-lifestyle.com":
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.